[Paraview] computing lift/drag coefficient/force in 2d using paraview

Simone Crippa crippa at kth.se
Tue Mar 14 04:40:01 EST 2006

Hi,

I've been a silent reader of this thread. I'd also have a need for a
3D-surface variable integration filter. Since you offered to make your
filter available, now I thought I could knock on your door :-)

I've tried to gather a couple of filters/batch scripts for CFD
postprocessing and it seems to be pretty difficult. I am sure that some
of you list-subscribers out there have mastered many problems before and
it feels a bit dumb to "re-invent the wheel" on and on again ... I am
sure that somebody out there has written lots of remarkable/useful
filters (as you did) but it is impossible to have an overview.

I have been trying to find out something about a possible implementation
of line integral convolution, or something similar for visualizing skin
friction lines on 3d-surfaces (usually unstructured) and had no success.
Apart Jean Favre's 2D-planar, structured LEA filter I couldn't find
anything out there.

I am not sure, but I think it would be of very high value to Paraview to
have e.g., a Wiki page, dedicated to gather these kind of filters, batch
scripts, user experiences about CFD postprocessing. I do not feel that
experienced to kick off such an effort, but maybe someone of the Kitware
team?

Regards, Simone