[Paraview] Ensight Particle format problem

Viksit Gaur vik.list.vtk at gmail.com
Sat Mar 11 20:04:01 EST 2006

Hi all,

I'm trying to figure out how the Ensight particle file format works
(writing a program for the file in ASCII or Binary should be easier than
figuring it out how it works!). In the documentation, it is given as the
Ensight Measured/Particle file format - but I'm not sure if this means
its a .Geo file, or a scalar/vector file.

My question basically is - how would such a format be represented?
What I do currently is: (taken from the manual)

viksit_ascii.case
--
FORMAT
type: ensight gold

GEOMETRY
model:  1       viksit_ascii.geo

and

viksit_ascii.geo
--

This is a simple measured geometry file
particle coordinates

But loading it into Paraview doesn't make it appear. Could anyone shed a
light on as to why not - What am I doing wrong?

I had 2 further questions -
a) Once I do get these points to show up, how would I assign say, a 3d
sphere glyph or similar to each of these points? Am I right in assuming
that this can be done by the materials format?

b) If I had to limit these particles in a sort of a box (say a cube with
these particles moving about) - how would I achieve the bounding such
that they don't move out of that particular set of coordinates?)

Thanks,
Viksit

--
Viksit Gaur