[Paraview] Module Doesn't Get Variable Selection

Kent Eschenberg eschenbe at psc.edu
Fri Jun 30 13:40:10 EDT 2006

A new ParaView module I am writing tries to get the user's selection of a
variable in "RequestData" with

   vtkDataArray *D = this->GetInputArrayToProcess( 0, inputVector );

but D is always a null. The GUI shows a pulldown menu for this selection
that shows all of the input object's variables as expected. The GUI
definition for this selection is

      <ArrayMenu
         id="arrMen"
         input_menu="inpMen"
         trace_name="Scalars"
         property="VariableForDensity"
         label="Density Scalar"
         help="Input cell scalar used for point density"
      />

and the corresponding piece of the server XML is

         <StringVectorProperty name="VariableForDensity"
            command="SetInputArrayToProcess"
            number_of_elements="5"
            element_types="0 0 0 0 2"

            <ArrayListDomain  name="array_list"
               attribute_type="Scalars"
               input_domain_name="input_array1"

               <RequiredProperties>
                  <Property name="Input" function="Input"/>
               </RequiredProperties>
            </ArrayListDomain>
         </StringVectorProperty>

I've attached the complete XML for the new module. The new module inherits
vtkPolyDataAlgorithm. I've been using vtkRibbonFilter as a guide.

Can anyone suggest where to look for the cause of this problem? Thanks!

Kent
Pittsburgh Supercomputing Center