[Paraview] Re: New ParaView

Arash Jahangir arash at vije.ca
Tue Jun 20 11:46:31 EDT 2006

So if I understand you correctly, the licensing agreement with Trolltech
would allow us to modify  any component of ParaView 3, eg. adding new
filters or enhance functionality of existing ones, and still distribute
it in a commercial setting (or pass it on to clients) without
restrictions.  But we cannot modify the overall GUI framework.  Is that
correct?

For example, if I want to add the functionality to mask and selectively
decimate regions of the data, is my highlighting and masking operations
considered "development on the Qt QUI Client"?

If yes, then I may not need to rewrite the GUI...just the same, I think
in the long run it is in Kitware's and everyone else's interest to
maintain a version of ParaView that can just be called from within
Python or Java.

Arash