[Paraview] Paraview compile on OS X

Kush Tandon kush at coas.oregonstate.edu
Thu Jun 15 13:55:19 EDT 2006

Mike,

I did as you suggested.

I still get the following message during make :

Building CXX object VTK/Widgets/CMakeFiles/vtkWidgets.dir/
vtkXYPlotWidget.o
Linking CXX static library ../../bin/libvtkWidgets.a
Scanning dependencies of target kwProcessXML
Building CXX object Common/KWCommon/CMakeFiles/kwProcessXML.dir/
ProcessXML.o
Linking CXX executable ../../bin/kwProcessXML
Generating vtkSMGeneratedModules.h
dyld: Symbol not found: __cg_jpeg_resync_to_restart
   Referenced from: /System/Library/Frameworks/
ApplicationServices.framework/Versions/A/Frameworks/ImageIO.framework/
Versions/A/ImageIO
   Expected in: /opt/local/lib/libJPEG.dylib

make[2]: *** [Servers/ServerManager/vtkSMGeneratedModules.h] Error 133
make[1]: *** [Servers/ServerManager/CMakeFiles/vtkPVServerManager.dir/
all] Error 2
make: *** [all] Error 2

PPS: On internet, they talk about changing to
DYLD_FALLBACK_LIBRARY_PATH (http://hublog.hubmed.org/archives/
001192.html). I am little confused. If anyone can clarify and help,
that would be great.

Cheers,

Kush

> Kush.
>
>   Start completely over. Start with a clean build directory and run
> ccmake from in that directory.
>   Turn ON "X"
> Turn OFF - Cocoa, Carbon
>
> Leave everything else as default. Now build.
>
> I can build paraview but as you may have read I can't actually run
> it since Paraview 2.4 on OS X is not a priority.
>
> What looks like is going wrong now is that you are linking against
> the OpenGL Framework AND the OpenGL lib in /usr/X11R6. You should
> only be linking against one of them. Usually the defaults that
> cmake uses is fine.
>
> Let us know what happens.

Kush Tandon
104 COAS Admin. Bldg., Oregon State University, Corvallis, OR 97331
Phones: (541) 737-9658 (Office); (541) 758-2217 (Home)
Emails: kush at coas.oregonstate.edu
kushtandon at yahoo.com
kushtandon at gmail.com

http://www.coas.oregonstate.edu/index.cfm?