[Paraview] Paraview compile on OS X

Kush Tandon kush at coas.oregonstate.edu
Thu Jun 15 13:07:49 EDT 2006

Hi Mike,

I am starting  all over with only Turn ON "X", and Turn OFF - Cocoa,
Carbon and leave everything as defaults. Let's keep our fingers crossed

As per Wendy Doyle's advise, I upgraded my ccmake but gcc is still
4.0.0, as I could only find 4.1 but not 4.0.1

My main research machines are OS X and SunOS but if the majority of
Paraview users and developers are linux, I can try to find a linux
machine. It is more important for me to have a FEM view up and
running very soon. Please do let me know.

Thanks for your help and patience.

Cheers,

Kush

> Kush.
>
>   Start completely over. Start with a clean build directory and run
> ccmake from in that directory.
>   Turn ON "X"
> Turn OFF - Cocoa, Carbon
>
> Leave everything else as default. Now build.
>
> I can build paraview but as you may have read I can't actually run
> it since Paraview 2.4 on OS X is not a priority.
>
> What looks like is going wrong now is that you are linking against
> the OpenGL Framework AND the OpenGL lib in /usr/X11R6. You should
> only be linking against one of them. Usually the defaults that
> cmake uses is fine.
>
> Let us know what happens.
> --------
> Mike Jackson
> imikejackson <at> gmail <dot> com

Kush Tandon
104 COAS Admin. Bldg., Oregon State University, Corvallis, OR 97331
Phones: (541) 737-9658 (Office); (541) 758-2217 (Home)
Emails: kush at coas.oregonstate.edu
kushtandon at yahoo.com
kushtandon at gmail.com

http://www.coas.oregonstate.edu/index.cfm?