[Paraview] Problem with Binaries and Compile

Amy Squillacote amy.squillacote at kitware.com
Tue Jun 13 08:50:30 EDT 2006

Hi Kush,

The error message means that you cannot compile ParaView in the same
directory with the source code.  It looks like you created a directory
in which to build ParaView (ParaView-OSX), but then did not run cmake
from that directory.  After creating this directory, do the following
(assuming that the ParaView-OSX and ParaView directories are at the same
level in the directory structure).

cd ParaView-OSX
cmake ../ParaView
make

You probably actually want to use ccmake (cmake with a terminal-based
interface) instead of cmake so you have a chance to change any necessary
CMake variables before compiling.

- Amy