[Paraview] compiling paraview on amd64

Kevin H. Hobbs hobbsk at ohiou.edu
Mon Jun 12 12:19:16 EDT 2006

Paraview from CVS compiles just fine for me on my workstation which has
a 64 bit AMD processor. Some more information like your OS, compiler
version, CMake version, and CMake settings would be useful.

I found that setting CMAKE_LIBRARY_PATH=/usr/lib64 prior to running
ccmake helped cmake find the right versions of libraries instead of the
versions in /usr/lib for 32 bit compatability. You may need
CMAKE_LIBRARY_PATH=/usr/lib64:/usr/X11R6/lib64 or whatever else
depending on your OS.