[Paraview] HDF5 problems

M L m68_1 at hotmail.com
Sat Jul 29 12:31:21 EDT 2006

Hi everyone

I am a new user of paraview and I was trying to load an HDF5 file but got
some problems. First the h5 file is as follows(from h5dump):

HDF5 "TEST.h5" {
GROUP "/" {
   GROUP "TEST_GROUP" {
      DATASET "TEST" {
         DATATYPE  H5T_IEEE_F64LE
         DATASPACE  SIMPLE { ( 18112071, 6 ) / ( H5S_UNLIMITED, 6 ) }
         DATA {
         (0,0): 1.14418e+09, 0.7203, 8.7e+06, 1, 1, 26,
The data is a 2D matrix, about 18 million rows x 6 cols, what I wanted to do
is simple, plot a line chart of col 1 vs col 2.

when I loaded the file into paraview(2.4), it was read by
XMLHierarchicalDataReader1 and it shows up under "selection Window" but
there is nothing on the "information" tab, all the fields are 0. there is no
graph shown on the right panel.

please someone help, thanks a lot in advance.

mike