[Paraview] Scripting Paraview.

Mike Jackson imikejackson at gmail.com
Thu Jul 20 17:15:58 EDT 2006

No wait,
 we are missing my point. My point is that I have an existing Pipeline
defined. I want to be able to apply that pipeline to any dataset that
is loaded up in paraview. Right now I have .vti files of the data. I
also have a program that will convert those .vti files into surface
meshes (Actually, it takes data from an HDF5 file and creates the Mesh
using VTK as the pipeline.) I started dumping VTI files during the
process when I figured out Paraview could read them.

 If there was a way the tcl could get the "currently opened dataset",
then the remainder is cake. But from what I am hearing from this list
is that there isn't a way for the TCL scripting to get at the
currently opened dataset. It must start from a data file on disk. Is
that right?

Mike Jackson