[Paraview] Scripting Paraview.

Mike Jackson imikejackson at gmail.com
Thu Jul 20 14:05:13 EDT 2006

What I want to be able to do is load up one of these data sets and
just apply the pipeline to it. The end result is a Triangle Surface
mesh for 3D viewing and saving.

I actually already have a program written with VTK that does just
this. Except that the program is on one machine and Paraview is on
another. I was hoping that if I could just have the pipeline ready in
a script file, the scientists could bring me their .vti file, and then
I can just apply the script and out pops my triangle mesh complete
with proper coloring and all that.

Also, Time animation is something that we would like to look at doing.
I fiddled with some of it over the weekend but not ready to go much
further with it right now.

I was just hoping to be able to apply a script to an already loaded dataset.

Mike Jackson

--
Mike Jackson
imikejackson _at_ gee-mail dot com