[Paraview] Field Divergence: vtkImageDivergence and XML

Simone Crippa crippa at kth.se
Sat Jul 15 07:02:36 EDT 2006

Hi,

some time ago I tried vtkImageDivergence to compute the vorticity out of a
velocity field. This was before the wiki-page on vtkCellDerivatives was
written.

I am not sure what is wrong with vtkImageDivergence in your case, but I
think you should be able to construct your required field out of the 9
velocity derivatives (du/dx, du/dy, ...) that you get out of the
vtkCellDerivatives filter.

Maybe I am missing something of your requirements, or maybe you didn't
notice the drop-down selection of the vtkCellDerivatives filter. (in your
case the "ComputeGradient" option).

Regards, Simone