[Paraview] Tcl: Accessing object DataArrays from proxies or vtkTemp objects?

shawn mckenzie shawn.mcknezie at gmail.com
Wed Jul 12 12:10:06 EDT 2006

Through TCL scripting I would like to access object attribute data arrays
(eg point tcoords,  cell normal values, etc)

>From proxies i can only gain access to methods from the vtkSMProperty class
and its descendants:

[vtkTemp1102 GetProperty AddScalarVariable ] SetNumberOfElements 15
[vtkTemp1102 GetProperty AddScalarVariable ] SetElement 1 0    .....

but this simply lets me set new types, and return array names and types.

Where is the attribute data array (vtkDataArray) stored within Paraview and
can i gain access to this somehow to return attribute values point by point?

Thank you in advance