[Paraview] Re: Possible Endian Issues on Paraview OS X Intel

David Cole david.cole at kitware.com
Mon Jul 10 11:12:49 EDT 2006

CMakeCache.txt should never be moved from one machine to another, even
with the *same* architecture. Within CMakeCache.txt are several full
path references to files that exist on the machine where the CMakeCache
was created/updated.

It's "invalid operating procedure" ever to move a CMake build tree from
one machine to another. The only possible way that could ever work is if
every reference to a header file or library or tool or path name in the
CMakeCache is identical on both machines. (Something that's highly
unlikely, given the number of settings in ParaView's CMakeCache...)

Hope this helps to clarify things a bit and avoid problems like these in
the future,
David Cole