[Paraview] ParaView 2.4 on Mac OS 10.4, PowerPC

Chad Glendenin chad at uchicago.edu
Thu Jul 6 16:39:51 EDT 2006

It sounds like ParaView on the Intel Mac platform is a solved problem,
but has anybody managed to get ParaView 2.4 to build and run
successfully on Mac OS X 10.4 on a PowerPC? If so, how?

I've tried Kitware's binary of PV 2.4.4 on my G4 PowerBook running OS
10.4.7, and so far, it seems to run perfectly. Kitware: how do you build
these binaries? Which Mac OS version are they built on? Which compiler?
May I see the CMakeLists.txt that you use?

I have Carbon/Cocoa OFF and X11 ON. I've tried various settings for
OPENGL_INCLUDE_PATH, OPENGL_*_LIBRARY, BUILD_SHARED_LIBS, and
VTK_USE_RPATH. I was able to build a binary, but it segfaults after
showing a splash screen and -- weirdly -- putting an icon in my dock.
X11 apps don't produce dock icons. I think I remember somebody
mentioning a Tcl/Tk issue related to that, but I can't find it on the
mailing list. Anyway, I would appreciate any advice.

Thanks,
ccg