[Paraview] Streamtracer filter

Karla Vega vega at tacc.utexas.edu
Wed Jul 5 10:27:36 EDT 2006

Hi Berk,

Thank you so much for replying. I've uploaded pictures, movies and data to: (see description below)

www.tacc.utexas.edu/~vega/Blood_Flow

The movies and pictures are under "Vis". I also have uploaded 25 timesteps to "Data".
We've seeding streamlines were the velocity field was the highest. We used point-cloud and we noticed that some of the streamlines end at the walls and some just stop at some points as you can see from the pictures. We worked for a while on seeding the streamlines correctly and using different integrators and step sizes, but nothing seemed to work (although it did look better when we seeded streamlines at the highest velocity points).
The computer we are using is a Linux (Red hat) Dell Precision 670 Mini-Tower 3.60GHz, XEON Processor w/ 2MBL2 Cache with 8 GB in memory. The paraview version we are using is 2.4.2 64 bit.

I also wanted to ask you about the blending that Paraview uses. As you can see from the pictures, objects in the back are not being blended correctly. Is there a way to fix this?
Maybe changing the rendering to be back-to-front instead of front-to-back?

Thank you again for all your help!

Karla Vega
vega at tacc.utexas.edu

"Patient-specific abdominal aorta"

"Fluid-structure interaction is calculated for a patient-specific abdominal aorta of a healthy over-55 volunteer obtained from a 64-slice CT angiography. A periodic flow waveform is applied at the inlet of the aorta, while resistance boundary conditions are applied at all outlets. The computational mesh consists of 52,420 quadratic NURBS elements, and the output of the simulation includes pressure and velocity fields. The entire time series of data is approximately 500MB."

Karla Vega
Email: vega at tacc.utexas.edu
Work: (512) 232-4772
Mobile: (512) 577-8723