[Paraview] ParaView and MultiGroup data

Amr Abdel Aziz amr.maillists at gmail.com
Sat Jul 1 19:30:09 EDT 2006

I'm using ParaView to visualize an AMR hierarchical data , it follow the
standard of the VTM file format  which group a set of vts files each one
contain a single data set and the VTM file contain about 8 groups . There no
cube repeated between different groups (The cube is on one group only) .

When the file loads it is assigned automatically to a
XMLHierarchicaldataReader and is classified to a Multi-group file .

The problem is that when , I'm trying the Contouring Filter to extract a
3D-isosurface from this data sets, i doesn't work correctly .

I was asking before here about how to make an iso-surface for an AMR data ,
and the response was that I should use the regular iso-surface.

The problem in the iso-surface is that it contain cracks and small holes, in
the case of a join between two group boundaries.

The file is contain of cubes which differ in the size according to their LOD
,so when the cube is on a boundary of any group and it has neighbours from
the next group ,  a hole appear .

This shouldn't be the situation in the AMR data ,
I want to know if i did some thing wrong , or there is a special option to
enable AMR iso-surface

Thanks In Advance,