[Paraview] Particle Simulation and Paraview modification? - Particles question

Viksit Gaur vik.list.vtk at gmail.com
Fri Jan 20 19:39:06 EST 2006

Hello Berk,

Sorry for the late response - I was away for a while.

Berk Geveci wrote:
> What information do you have to extact a particular particle? Are they
> labeled? Do they have ids?

As for your question, I have X,Y coordinates of the particles, for each
time step. The particles don't have any labels or IDs - the data format
itself is a rather simple text file - a columnar layout, which uses
spaces as delimiting characters.

No. of Particles
No. of Timesteps
X Y (Step1)