[Paraview] Paraview in Client/Server Model

Yeraze.11960501 at bloglines.com Yeraze.11960501 at bloglines.com
Tue Jan 10 09:56:18 EST 2006

Surely there must exist more documentation that this.  As I alluded to in
the previous email, I've already seen that.  Not only does this not give any
information on what's required in those fields, but it doesn't give any information
on how to setup Reverse Connections.

--- Amy Squillacote <amy.squillacote at kitware.com
wrote:
At 09:27 AM 1/10/2006, Yeraze.11960501 at bloglines.com wrote:
want to load paraview in a distributed client/server fashion where the Data

> >Server is hosted on an SGI Irix System, the Render Server is run on a
high-end
> >Linux Machine, and the Client is a Windows Desktop.  I've found
references
> >to this PVX XML file that I need to create for such a thing,
but documentation
> >for this seems to be rather, how do you say, "Nonexistant".

> >So, what would
> >a typical PVX file look like for a setup like
this?  I'm using Paraview 2.4.1,
> >and I'll need to use Reverse Connections
between the Windows Box & the 2 *nix
> >systems, although the 2 *nix systems
can talk freely.

> This is described in ParaView's FAQ: