[Paraview] Ensight measured/particle file format and paraview

Jean M. Favre jfavre at cscs.ch
Mon Feb 27 03:24:52 EST 2006

Viksit Gaur wrote:
> Hi again all,
>
> I recently got back to tackle my original problem of simulating a
> particle system using paraview.

I can suggest another file format. It is used by an international
community, is based on HDF5, has a FORTRAN and C API, supports parallel
IO, and we have a ParaView reader for it.

the format is documented here:

http://people.web.psi.ch/adelmann/H5Part/doc/h5part.html

if you are interested in the reader, drop me a mail. The reader is a
very first implementation, so there's lots of room for improvement.

A pre-compiled application to view EnSight and H5part particle files is
also available from our web site:

http://www.cscs.ch/a-display.php?id=170

--
Dr. Jean M. Favre,                            email:favre @ cscs.ch