[Paraview] One more question about Ensight files written inFortran...

REVEILLE Benjamin Benjamin.REVEILLE at ifp.fr
Fri Feb 17 08:38:50 EST 2006

Personnaly I have used ensight Gold C Binary (i.e. form=binary) fles without any problem... but never ensight GOLD Fortran Binary files since Fortran Binary as described by ensight format (form=unformatted acces=sequential) is not supported by PV.

My guess is you have whitespace problems in your case or geometry/variables files... PV does not support leading whitespaces whereas Ensight Does... this has already been filed (y myself) as a bug in Ascii format but may be applicable to .case files and character writes in binary files...

Send me your .case file I'll have a look and see if it has potential problems and give suggestions to how to change it...

Benjamin

P.S. This is what accompanied the bug report I filed: try and see if you have some of the problems it shows

http://dwardo.no-ip.com/~dwardo/should_work_but_does_not.tar.gz <-- OK for Ensight but not PV

http://dwardo.no-ip.com/~dwardo/works.tar.gz <-- OK for Both