[Paraview] One more question about Ensight files written in Fortran...

Renato N. Elias rnelias at nacad.ufrj.br
Fri Feb 17 09:20:15 EST 2006

Hi folks,

Here I'm again with my Ensight file's problems...

I'd like to know why PV is able to read Ensight 6 files written by Fortran
programs (I'm talking about files opened as form='binary') and the same
thing is impossible for Ensight GOLD files.

I've tried to read a binary Ensight "GOLD" file written from a Fortran
program (as I used to do with Ensight 6 files). According to ens_checker
utility (and Ensight itself) the file is OK without any warning, but PV
definitely refuses to read it and no error messages are shown at the bottom
right status bar.

There's no more options for me:

- PV serial -- Ensight6/Binary/Fortran works
- PV parallel -- Ensight6+Server-Of-Server/Binary/Fortran does NOT work

- PV serial -- Ensight Gold/Binary/Fortran does NOT work
- PV parallel -- Ensight Gold+Server-Of-Server/Binary/C works (using the PV
example datasets)

- PV parallel -- I can't read Ensight6 individually written without a SOS
file.

I can only read parallel results running PV in serial mode and reading each
case files one-by-one and applying the "append dataset" and "clean to grid"
filters (AND THESE FILTERS ARE ONLY WORKING IN PV 2.2.1 FOR ENSIGHT FILES)

Any, Fortran, solution?

Thanks for any help

Renato N. Elias
PhD student - http://www.nacad.ufrj.br/~rnelias