RES: [Paraview] Point-based rendering (Splatting )

Renato N. Elias rnelias at nacad.ufrj.br
Wed Feb 15 20:01:12 EST 2006

Hi Chris,

Thanks for your help. In fact, I'm not directly associated with this
problem. I've posted the message for a friend of mine, a non Paraview/VTK
user, just to help him. He works with DEM (Discrete Element Method) and is
looking for a visualization technique able to build a surface representation
from his point data. After "Googling" for a while, we've found information
pointing to splatting method used to represent 3D scanner data. It seems
that this rendering method is also used by SPH (Smoothed Particle
Hydrodinamics) researchers to visualize their results. Therefore we've
thought about posting a message on the Paraview list. Anyway, I'm grateful
for your help and I'll forward this message to my friend in order to place
him in contact with you (or others PV folks). Are you ok about it ?!

Cheers

Renato

  _____