[Paraview] Re: show difference of two ensight formated results

Fabian Braennstroem f.braennstroem at gmx.de
Tue Feb 14 02:30:25 EST 2006

Hi,

* On 13 Feb 2006 * Fabian Braennstroem wrote:

> Hi Randall,
>
> * On 13 Feb 2006 * Randall Hand wrote:
>
> > So I just noticed.. So here's a hack workaround (I just tested).
> >
> > I loaded a uniform 3d volume, & placed 2 cutting planes (Y-Normal) in the
> > dataset at different places.. This way they have identical # of points.
> > I'll call these "Cut0" and "Cut1" (Paraview did, so I will do)
> >
> > I then used the Array Calculator with a simple formula "VelCopy = Velocity"
> > on "Cut0".  This is the long way of simply copying an array.
> >
> > Then I used the "Append Attributes" filter with the "Cut0" and "Calc0".
> >
> > Now I can use another Array Calculator that operates on the "Velocity" field
> > and the "VelCopy" field, with Velocity coming from Cut1, and VelCopy coming
> > from Cut0.  I simply did a Result=VelCopy-Cut1, and got the different of the
> > two planes.
> >
> > Hope it works for you :)
>
> Thanks for the workaround! Unfortunately, I get for obvious
> different values on the same plane a zero field after
> subtracting them... strange!? Probably, I did something
> wrong.

It works, when I use three calculators; one for each cut and
one for the appended attributes (appended the two first
calculators)... but just with vtk formated data. The append
filter is not available anymore and somehow I am missing the
'extract parts' filter for ensight formated data, which I
used in an older version!?

Greetings!
Fabian