[Paraview] glx.h, glXGetProcAddressARB, debian build

Ricardo Reis rreis at aero.ist.utl.pt
Fri Dec 29 10:50:49 EST 2006

Hi

  I've gotten the last paraview from the cvs. I'm building it on a debian
machine and get the following error:

  Determining if glXGetProcAddressARB exists in GL/glx.h FALSE with the
following output:
  <supressed>

/home/rreis/on_hold/paraview/ParaView/VTK/Rendering/CheckglXGetProcAddressARB.cxx:
In function 'int main(int, char**)':
/home/rreis/on_hold/paraview/ParaView/VTK/Rendering/CheckglXGetProcAddressARB.cxx:33:
error: 'glXGetProcAddressARB' was not declared in this
scope

  So I think my particular openGL stuff isn't quite up to it. I've
installed the package libgl1-mesa-dev to provide my openGL stuff. the
debian site also lists the following packages providing the file glx.h:

    libdevel/libgl1-mesa-dev
    x11/nvidia-glx-legacy-dev
    x11/nvidia-glx-dev
    libdevel/libgl1-mesa-swx11-dev

   i don't have a nvidia card so I'm discarding these two and the
mesa-swx11 want's to kill my xorg. any ideas? what are the openGL
implementations recommended for Linux intel 32 bit platforms on  Linux?

  thanks for your input,

  Ricardo Reis

  'Non Serviam'

  PhD student @ Lasef
  Computational Fluid Dynamics, High Performance Computing, Turbulence
  <http://www.lasef.ist.utl.pt>

  &

  Cultural Instigator

  n.p.: Rádio Zero http://radio.ist.utl.pt