[Paraview] MultiBlock format

Jean Favre jfavre at cscs.ch
Mon Dec 18 05:23:06 EST 2006

Jalel Chergui (LIMSI-CNRS) <Jalel.Chergui at limsi.fr> wrote:
> Hello,
>
>   We used paraview 2.4.4 with great success to view structured grid data. Now,
>   we wish to view some results issued from an AMR (Adaptive Mesh Refinement)
>   code and want to look a little bit deeper at the MultiBlock format. Can
>   somebody point me to practical examples reading/writing that kind of format
>   from C/Fortran language ?

I have a reader for an AMR data format based on HDF5. The data creation
is integrated in my co-workers' AMRCART code (
http://www.astro.phys.ethz.ch/staff/folini/private/research/a_maze/a_maze.html
). If you can produce data with our HDF5 convention, I would be happy to
share my reader source code.

JF