[Paraview] Render a Tile

Mario mario.orefice at gmail.com
Thu Dec 14 04:37:09 EST 2006

Finally I'm able to render a tile from the ray cast mapper in my vtk
application.
I have two questions for you:

1 - When I render a tile with IceT, it casts ray only from that
selected pixels, or it computes all the image then clips?
I think the first, infact I captured the last render time and it's
faster when I only render a tile instead of all the image...

2 - When I don't set tile dimensions and I leave the default mode, it
composes only a single tile, the entire image... that image is
rendered in cooperation by all the processes or only by the process 0?
that is, I had parallel volume rendering or not? I wasn't able to
prove that because I don't have a cluster or a parallel machine, but I
simulate it in my desktop pc with MPI....

Thank you in advance

Mario