[Paraview] Manipulating points in paraview 2.9.5

akolasny at cis.jhu.edu akolasny at cis.jhu.edu
Wed Dec 6 07:14:58 EST 2006

Greetings:

I would like to create a group of points around a volume or surface and
save that group of points. Will this be possible in the future development
of Paraview III?

In paraview 2.9.5, there is a "selection mode (s)" option. The element
inspector reports back a triangular location but cannot save this
information or generate a list of selections.

If I view a volume or surface with a collection of points, I would like
to drag the points around the image. Then, save the new positions of the
points. Would this be possible in the future?

A screen shot with example data:

   http://www.cis.jhu.edu/~akolasny/paraview3/volume_and_landmark_data.jpg
   http://www.cis.jhu.edu/~akolasny/paraview3/MoviedefAtlas0.vtk
   http://www.cis.jhu.edu/~akolasny/paraview3/BZV10.L_SC0_5v_SC1_22L_RLM.vtp

Paraview is a fantastic visualization tool. The "selection mode (s)" has
great potential to adding interactivity.

Your comments are greatly appreciated.

Thanks,
Anthony