[Paraview] PV 2.4.4, pb with volume rendering and Ati card ?

Benoit Lombardot benoit.lombardot at shs.polytechnique.fr
Tue Dec 5 12:33:47 EST 2006

Hi all,

I'm new to the list. I want to do volume rendering of 3D structured point
dataset with paraview 2.4.4 . here is the procedure I'm using
- open data
- tetrahedralize (for instance)
- go to 'Display' tab of the tetrahedralize result
- modify 'Representation' value to 'Volume Render'

When using this procedure with my laptop (acer 8204 wlmi, graphic circuit
ATI mobility radeon x1600) I can only view the surface of my
parallelipipedic volume (like with Representation parameter set to
'Surface' ). Meanwhile paraview is using all the processor ressources.
Does somebody already heard about such a problem ? do you heard about some
way to fix the problem. I use the same procedure on another computer, and
it was working correctly.

thanks for your help
Benoît