[Paraview] --render-node-port

James Galbraith james.galbraith at inl.gov
Fri Dec 1 16:14:58 EST 2006

Hi everyone,

I'm new to the paraview envirionment and am having problems getting some
of my network connections working.  I am trying to specify the
render-node-port option in my configuration file, but it doesn't appear
to be taking hold - since the data and render servers keep trying to
connect to another port - which is not open on our firewall.  I need to
be able to control these port numbers so I can get them through the
firewall.

In my configuration file, I am specifying:
    <Option Name="render-node-port" Value="33331" />

but when the servers try and connect, I get something like 5241, and a
different one on each run.

Where am I going wrong??

Thanks in advance for your help.

Jim