[Paraview] Problems with Exodus file

Moreland, Kenneth kmorel at sandia.gov
Mon Aug 28 17:53:48 EDT 2006

I've seen this problem off and on since global ids were added to VTK.  I
believe the problem is that the painters pass data set attributes to the
rendering system as varying variables.  Of course, there is no OpenGL
analog for a global id, so if those are not stripped off by the time the
data reaches the end of the painter chain, an error occurs.

I think the correct fix for this problem is to painter that strips off
any attributes that are not applicable to rendering (vectors, tensors,
ids, etc.) and then add this painter to the internal chain in
vtkDefaultPainter.  Utkarsh, do you want to take care of this?

-Ken