SPAM: [Paraview] Can the process of buiding paraview be shortened?

Rick Wagner guardian72 at guardian72.com
Fri Aug 18 23:50:08 EDT 2006

I don't know about compiling on separate machines, but I've had some
luck on a single machine using GNU make. If your machine is multi-
processor, multi-core, hyper-threaded, or whatever, I recommend
trying "make -j n", where n is some number of simultaneous build tasks.

This works, since ccmake creates Makefiles, and doesn't actually
handle the build process. It's even noted on the Wiki at:
   http://paraview.org/Wiki/ParaView:Build_And_Install

--Rick