[Paraview] Building 2.9 on PowerBook

Rick Wagner guardian72 at guardian72.com
Fri Aug 18 21:26:15 EDT 2006

Hi,

Well, this seemed like a good time to try out the new release, and
here's what I got:

[  1%] Building CXX object VTK/Common/CMakeFiles/vtkCommon.dir/
vtkByteSwap.o
/Users/rpwagner/packages/ParaView3/ParaView2-9-August/VTK/Common/
vtkByteSwap.cxx: In function 'void vtkByteSwapLE(T*) [with T = float]':
/Users/rpwagner/packages/ParaView3/ParaView2-9-August/VTK/Common/
vtkByteSwap.cxx:225:   instantiated from here
/Users/rpwagner/packages/ParaView3/ParaView2-9-August/VTK/Common/
vtkByteSwap.cxx:160: error: no matching function for call to
'vtkByteSwapper<4ul>:
:Swap(float*&)'

Blah, blah, blah. This repeat in various forms for every datatype,
and then, appropriately, dies.

I suspect this may be an issue with the fact that my laptop is
PowerPC. I couldn't find a configuration flag under ccmake, and I
don't of any special flags to use this time. I tried defining
VTK_WORDS_BIGENDIAN, but according to the compiler, that was already
defined.

I'm very glad to hear (read) that some of the developers at Kitware
are using Macs, and hopefully someone on the list will have some
pointers to get me past this.

Thanks,
Rick