[Paraview] Tracing a particle's trajectory over time in paraview?

John Biddiscombe biddisco at cscs.ch
Fri Aug 18 10:17:40 EDT 2006

Ivan

For fast particle rendering, you might like to try sparticles, (I've
just uploaded my latest build = v1.4)
http://www.cscs.ch/a-display.php?id=170
it uses a custom vtk mapper which renders particles using the GPU and is
quite fast (I use it on datasets up to a million of so particles, but it
starts getting a little unresponsive with that many and I'm actively
improving it).

I has been my intention of integrating the mapper with paraview, but it
is still on the "Todo" list (now that ParaQ source is available I'll try
to start on it).

It should read all manner of Ensight files without any problems - note
that internally, it caches particle data locally using an HDF5 format,
so you can convert your Ensight->HDF5 using the tool!

Since you're on the ETHZ domain, you can ask for any improvements you
like (off list) and if you have any problems please don't hesitate to
get in touch.

regards

JB