[Paraview] Paraview client-Server

Randall Hand randall.hand at gmail.com
Thu Aug 10 13:24:08 EDT 2006

hrm... I added the headnode to the hostfile (first line), and upped my
scripts to do -np13 instead of -np12.. so now I run

mpirun -np 13 --hostfile ib_all ./pvserver -rc -ch=rhand-svc
--render-module=IceTDesktopRenderModule

The client is waiting on rhand-svc for an incoming connection.. But I
immediately get the following error on the headnode:

/d1/Randall/ParaView-CVS/Servers/Common/vtkClientConnection.cxx, line 334
vtkClientConnection (0x2e67ed0): Failed to get correct ID to assign to this
connection.

Connected to client
Client connection closed.

Any hints?

On 8/10/06, Berk Geveci <berk.geveci at gmail.com> wrote:

> Only the first node has to be connected to the client. They talk to each
> other with MPI.
>

> On 8/10/06, Randall Hand < randall.hand at gmail.com> wrote:
> >
> > This, this is the tile cluster (plasma).
> >
> > We brought it up with our admins onsite, and they dont' think that
> > setting up NAT would be any big problem, so they're looking into it now.
> > What we want to do is use the IceTDesktop render mode to parallel process
> > across our 12 nodes with the display piped to a client (probably windows)
> > that's not part of the cluster.  It was my understanding (and experience)
> > that in this setup (mpirun -np 12 pvserver -rc) that each pvserver process
> > will want an independent connection to the Client, which would require full
> > network connectivity if it's any host other than the head node.
> >
> > AM I mistaken?
> >

> > On 8/10/06, Andy Cedilnik < andy.cedilnik at kitware.com> wrote:
> > >
> > > Hello,
> > >
> > > Actually, as far as I remember there is no need for connectivity from
> > > satellite nodes. I am pretty sure Randal's setup does not use NAT, so
> > > there is no way his satellite nodes can access Internet. Randal, this
> > > is
> > > the tile cluster?
> > >
> > > But, again, I see no reason for satellite nodes to access client. They
> > > will try to access render server nodes if you do render/data server
> > > separation.
> > >
> > >           Andy

Randall Hand
Visualization Scientist