[Paraview] Writing A Filter for Parallel Operation

Kent Eschenberg eschenbe at psc.edu
Tue Aug 8 15:41:01 EDT 2006

A new filter based on vtkPolyDataAlgorithm does one operation over the entire data set (searches for the largest cell) but otherwise works on only one cell at a time.

I didn't do anything explicitly to support parallel work but it seems to work fine. I used a reader (producing unstructured data), D3 then the new module with 16 processors. Composite was set at 0 though I don't think this matters here.

This seems too good to be true. Is it?

Thanks!
Kent
Pittsburgh Supercomputing Center