[Paraview] How does one add a Mapper to ParaView?

Moreland, Kenneth kmorel at sandia.gov
Mon Aug 7 16:23:08 EDT 2006

Assuming that your mapper is a subclass and drop in replacement for an
existing mapper that ParaView already uses, such as vtkPolyDataMapper,
you can create a dynamic or shared object library with a subclass of
vtkObjectFactory to override the creation of the appropriate mapper, and
then set your VTK_AUTOLOAD_PATH to point to your new factory.  See the
documentation for vtkObjectFactory for more details:

    http://www.vtk.org/doc/nightly/html/classvtkObjectFactory.html

-Ken