[Paraview] Paraview on a tiled display

Randall Hand randall.hand at gmail.com
Fri Aug 4 14:06:11 EDT 2006

Ok, with the info from Kenneth, I made the change and it's working great!

So, how should I return this patch back to you?  I just tried doing a 'diff
-Naur' to generate a patch for you, but it started including almost every
single file.  Seems an "out of core" build isn't completly "out of core"
afterall.

On 7/28/06, kmorel <kmorel at sandia.gov> wrote:

> > But is there any way to account for the Bezel width?  Is there any
> > configurable parameter to define a "gap" between tiles?
>
> This request is already captured as bug #1132:
> http://www.paraview.org/Bug/bug.php?op=show&bugid=1132&pos=1
>
> This actually should not be too hard to implement since the underlying
> parallel rendering code already supports mullions.  It's just a matter of
> adding some new parameters to pvserver and spacing the tiles out
> differently.
>
> This bug has been on my to-do list for, gosh, over a year now.  But, since
> we rarely use tile displays anymore and the tile displays that we do have
> don't have any spaces or overlap, this has been the lowest priority and I
> never get to it.
>
> If someone would like to implement this (hint, hint) and make sure
> everything (rendering and annotation) is working correctly, I am perfectly
> happy to point to the correct sections of code to change.
>
> -Ken

Randall Hand
Visualization Scientist
ERDC MSRC-ITL