[Paraview] Custom AMR Reader Example?

Rick Wagner guardian72 at guardian72.com
Tue Aug 1 15:33:20 EDT 2006

Hi,

Our lab is working on VTK  converter and custom reader for ParaView
for our data, and I'm hoping someone has an example they'd be willing
to share. For reference, our datasets consist of hierarchical,
structured, Cartesian grids in HDF5. The HDF5 part is unimportant,
since we already deal with it when we rebuild the hierarchy.

I've read the MultiBlock examples, but I'd like to start with
something more substantial. Eventually, we need this to be compatible
with a parallel server process, but for now, I'd be happy to have our
data in a format ParaView can read.

For those who may be interested, the program we maintain is Enzo,
which is a hybrid AMR code used for cosmology simulations. We've
generated datasets with over half a million grids (each with several
scalar and vector fields), and right now we have no way to look at
the data in its entirety.

Thanks,
Rick
lca.ucsd.edu