[Paraview] Help! Paraview keeps crashing out with X Error on Mac Powerbook G4

J. Kim Welford kwelford at esd.mun.ca
Wed Apr 19 13:55:39 EDT 2006

Hi,

My problem is similar to one posted last month in the archives but I
can't work out how they came to a solution.

After "apparently" managing to successfully compile the code, I ran
it and was temporarily pleased to see Paraview's colourful opening
screen only to have it crash out with the following message:

X Error of failed request:  BadValue (integer parameter out of range
for operation)
   Major opcode of failed request:  150 (GLX)
   Minor opcode of failed request:  3 (X_GLXCreateContext)
   Value in failed request:  0x22
   Serial number of failed request:  1122

The same thing occurred when I downloaded and ran the Mac binaries.
I've been running everything from an x-terminal and my /usr/X11R6/lib
directory contains all the libGL and libGLU libraries so I have no
idea what it's complaining about.

Has anyone else come across this problem?

Thanks!
KIM...