[Paraview] paraview - BAD interpolation.... Why/how?

Martin Joergensen s022826 at student.dtu.dk
Sat Apr 15 16:43:44 EDT 2006

Hi,

I've made myself the following test.vtk file:
- - -
# vtk DataFile Version 2.0
Volume example
ASCII
DATASET STRUCTURED_POINTS
DIMENSIONS 6 4 6
ASPECT_RATIO 1 1 1
ORIGIN 0 0 0
POINT_DATA 144
SCALARS volume_scalars char 1
LOOKUP_TABLE default
100 100 100 0 0 0 100 100 100 0 0 0
0 0 0 50 50 50 0 0 0 50 50 50
0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0
0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0
0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0
0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0
100 100 100 0 0 0 100 100 100 0 0 0
0 0 0 50 50 50 0 0 0 50 50 50
0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0
0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0
0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0
0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0
- - -

I'm quite new with paraview but I'm wondering why it does this
strange/stupid interpolation.... I mean: Look at that (use Display Style/
Representation / Surface)... Interpolation: Doesn't matter if it's Gouraud
or flat - it gives the same nonsense.

The only way I figured out how to get something that looked somewhat
reasonable (and then again not) was to click Representation / Points on
Surface and then make point size 24 or something really large... Then it
doesn't interpolate...

Isn't there any better way than this to disable interpolation with the above
file? As you can see it looks completely strange... I mean: At least it
could have rounded off the corners in all 4 corners instead of only on the
two corners....?!?!

Regards,
Martin