[Paraview] export probe data in batch

David E DeMarle dave.demarle at kitware.com
Thu Sep 15 16:27:22 EDT 2005

Hi Fabian,

You can not save the plot from within the batch script currently, but if
you apply the attached patch to the current CVS tree code you will be
able to.

To do so:
1) Apply the patch.
2) Recompile.
3) Create your batch script.
4) Edit the batch script. Look for the two lines like these and take
note of the variable name (in this case pvTemp632).

$pvTemp632 UpdateVTKObjects
# Plot's .csv file name is
/home/demarle/Kitware/ParaView/devel/build/probe.csv

5) At the end of your script add a line like this:

$pvTemp632 PrintAsCSV
{/home/demarle/Kitware/ParaView/devel/build/MyNewFileName.csv}

Just before this line:
$proxyManager UnRegisterProxies

I will check in something like this patch with some temporal plotting
code revisions soon.

cheers
Dave DeMarle