[Paraview] Oilflow

Simone Crippa crippa at kth.se
Thu Oct 20 09:11:14 EDT 2005

On Thu, 2005-10-20 at 13:26 +0200, Hagberg Anders (NONSSA) wrote:
> I am a new user of paraview. Is it possible to create oilflow
> (pathlines on a surface) with Paraview. If yes does anybody know how
> to do it.

Hej,

I tried to find a solution some weeks ago and the best way to visualize
mean flow surface pathlines ("oilflow" or "skin friction lines" in
classical aerodynamics) is to constrain the skin friction (coefficient)
vector on the surface of interest ("surface vectors" filter). Then
visualize either using glymphs ... or streamlines emanating from the
surface (you might have to define more than one seed if you have several
attachment and separation lines)

Regards, Simone

--
Simone Crippa