[Paraview] parallel reader problem

Dave Semeraro semeraro at ncsa.uiuc.edu
Wed Nov 16 17:48:18 EST 2005

Hello,

I have written a reader for paraview. The reader works ok in single process
stand
alone mode ( ie running paraview ). It also works fine if I run in client
server mode
with a single process as the server. It fails though when I try to run it
in client server
mode with more than one server process. The failure mode is the client
loses contact
with the server and  produces a stream of "Could not send tag" errors. I
import my
reader into paraview by using the import package function in the file menu.
The failure
occurs immediately after I import the package and before I try to read
anything. I have
the required library and xml on both the client and server machines. The
file menu
import package presents a file dialog that appears to point to the client
machine.
How is the reader library loaded into the server side application? Is the
method of
mode?
This failure mode does not present itself when I run paraview in parallel
on the console
of a cluster.

I have read the paraview wiki info on this topic. My next attempt will be
to try to build
the module into paraview itself rather than importing it. I would like to
know what is
going wrong though. Any help or advice would be greatly appreciated.

Regards,
Dave