[Paraview] Problems Including Custom Class At Compile In 2.4

Kent Eschenberg eschenbe at psc.edu
Tue Nov 8 12:21:47 EST 2005

I'm adding a reader to ParaView 2.4 on Fedora Core 4 using the approach
described in

   <http://www.paraview.org/Wiki/ParaView:Extend>

cmake and make seem to work except for the following near the end of the
messages from make:

===
./GUI/Scripts: building default_target
Building dependencies. cmake.depends...
RegularExpression::compile(): ?+* follows nothing.
RegularExpression::compile(): Error in compile.
cmake.depends is up-to-date

./Data: building default_target
Building dependencies. cmake.depends...
cmake.depends is up-to-date
===

There is no "?+*" in anything I've added. Running the version of "paraview"
created by this results in the following error:

===
terminate called after throwing an instance of 'std::logic_error'
  what():  basic_string::_S_construct NULL not valid
Abort
===

The splash window with the logos appears but the main application window
does not.

Can anyone tell what is wrong?

Thanks!
Kent