[Paraview] Serial posprocessing of parallel data...

Amy Squillacote amy.squillacote at kitware.com
Thu Nov 3 12:08:25 EST 2005

At 11:53 AM 11/3/2005, Renato N. Elias wrote:

>Is there any way os reading Ensight server-of-server files in serial mode?

No.  In order to read a server-of-servers (SOS) file, you must have
at least as many processes (i.e., pvserver or pvdataserver nodes) as
files listed in the SOS file.

>I know that it does not make sense since server-of-server is a file format
>for parallel purposes but I would like to know how to load multiple datasets
>(case files corresponding to several MPI partitions) in serial mode or any
>other way of doing it...
>
>The release note of the ParaView 2.4 tells about Ensight (and PLOT3D)
>readers for multi-block datasets and I was thinking if it could solve my
>problem. Is there an example of the XML file used to specify how Paraview
>should read the Ensight files?

The release note about EnSight and PLOT3D refers to the data output
from the EnSight and PLOT3D readers.  Previously, these two readers
produced multiple data sets on output.  Now, their output is a single
multi-block data set containing the multiple data sets as
sub-datasets.  ParaView does not use an XML file in reading EnSight
files; it reads the EnSight case and SOS files directly.

- Amy