[Paraview] Parallel Load/Rendering of Polygon Data

Wylie, Brian bnwylie at sandia.gov
Tue May 31 20:23:19 EDT 2005

Phillip,

I don't know the exact right file format for loading polygonal data in
parallel, but I think Sam is on the right track.

If you want to load balance the data once it is in you can use the D3
filter. :)

Also for the short term if you can 'squeeze' the dataset on one node you
can use D3 to take data from 1 processor and send data to all the
others. Then save the dataset out as a pvtp file. You will now have
parallel files !

You can then load these up in paraview and they will be nicely load
balanced.

You could even do something like

Load up on a 2 proc machine with 4 Gig memory save out 2 files then
start up a cluster job on those two files and split again and save 16
files or whatever.... How's that for goofy!

Brian Wylie - Org 9227
Sandia National Laboratories
MS 0822 - Building 880/A1-J
(505)844-2238 FAX(505)845-0833