[Paraview] Parallel Load/Rendering of Polygon Data

SamuelKey samuelkey at comcast.net
Tue May 31 20:02:08 EDT 2005

Phillip,

I have had some success with *.pvtu file sets.
The aaa.pvtu (or in your case it would be aaa.pvtp)
is a "mother" file that references all of the polygon
subsets into which the parent aaa.vrml has been
"decomposed," that is, aaa.001.vtp,...,aaa.00n.vtp
is a sequence of smaller, component files that
represent the entire polygon set. Each of the subdomain
*.vtp files must be displayable in its own right by ParaView.

I have attached a typical (for me) aaa.vtpu file as an example.
In this example, the "parallel subdomains" are three separate
material regions (m001,m002,m003). ParaView doesn't
care whether you created them from a serial run or a
parallel run; all PV needs to know is that you want to display
all of *.vtu files and you want to think of the set as the entire
model. (If your vrml file has a bunch of individual items, this
is also a handy way to display selectively each item, provided
you can conviently split your vrml data set.)

I hope this helps to parallel process your 2.5 gig data set.

Regards,

Sam Key