[Paraview] using binary files: C interface to VTK XML files

Mathieu Malaterre mathieu.malaterre at kitware.com
Mon May 30 17:47:48 EDT 2005

Giuseppe Gariup wrote:
> Hi everybody:
>   I am using paraview to display the output of a finite element
> program. I need to write the xml file and I'd rather use the binary
> format to input the points of the mesh. I am using C++. The question
> is: I have a vector with the coordinates of the points and I have to
> put it in the xml file. Has any of you faced a similar situation?

Giuseppe,

	There is an ongoing effort to have both a C and fortran interface to
write VTK XML files. This will require VTK CVS if you are interested,
for more information, have a look at:

VTK/IO/Testing/Cxx/
                   TestXMLCInterface.c
                   vtkFortran.h
                   vtkXMLCInterface.cxx
                   vtkXMLCInterface.h

	Please keep in mind that this was comited only today and might require
a few iterations to stabilize.

Comments very welcome
Mathieu