[Paraview] ParaView 2.0.0 - Should memory be released when data sets are deleted from the VTK pipeline?

Randy Hudson hudson at mcs.anl.gov
Thu May 19 12:07:46 EDT 2005

I'd like to be able to read and visualize, one after the other, several large data files.

In the tests I've done, using top to watch the memory allocation in pvserver, memory is not deallocated when I use either the "Delete" button of a data set's property sheet or the "Delete All Modules" item of the "Edit" menu.  This is true for input files, and for contour and cutting filters.

Is this the correct behavior?

Thanks.

Randy.
630 252 8690.